MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE OF UKRAINE

On the roads: 14
Under treatmen: 21

ship-handling-enhandling-railway-transport-enge-procurement-uspa-ene-procurement-ocsp-en

Investment

resolution-eng

anti-corruption-eng

comment-eng

procurement-eng

70,52 МгЦ областное радио

Find us on

 

n-an-an-an-a

archival-photos-eng

Authorization

Buildings and facilities

Plague building

An old building in the rear of the 4th berth (on the territory operates LLC "Olimpex Coupe") was built in the 80-90th years of the nineteenth century. Owned by the South-Russian railway. The building housed the organization operating locomotives in the port.

In 1937 here was located anti-plague laboratory of the former USSR Ministry of Health.
Here has worked a great specialist in marine hygiene and epidemiology M.Minchin, who was a member of sanitary council of the Commissariat of the USSR and the Ukrainian SSR.

Asian square

Asian square - the territory of the port located between the central traffic road and rear of berth #13. Its name the square received in the 50's and 60's thanks to Asian goods that were stored here. On the Asian square was a special platform for wet-salted (in barrels) and dry-salted (in boxes) skins from India. The recipient was Odesa tannery and other enterprises of the USSR.
Everyone who worked on the square receive a mandatory vaccination against anthrax, which could be contained in animal skins. The site has existed until 1974. Later her was stored the Indian jute and cotton bales. Now this area is used for the storage of iron and other metals.

Rage Valley

Rage Valley is the territory in the rear area of the 14th (20th according to the old numbering) berth on which the garage and repair facility for forklifts was located. Immediately after the Second World War there were barracks for the war prisoners. They all worked on the restoration of the port.

Its name this area received in the 1960's. At that time forklift trucks often failed to operate. Due to lack of spare parts their repair delayed. In addition, the area was heavily littered; the workers had no time to clean it up. The Head of this district A.Bendichenko brought down his rage upon negligent mechanics.

In the 90's, when the General Manager of the port N.Pavlyuk conducted large-scale modernization of berths, waterside structure and warehouses the Rage Valley was reconstructed and transformed into an open storage space with car wash.

Korolev House

Korolev House is the building of current militarized security service of the port. Future spacecraft designer Sergei Korolyov has been living here for 7 years - from 1917 to 1924. At that time living on the port territory was common.
Stepfather of S.Korolev G.Balandin was appointed the Chief Engineer of port’s power station and he took all his family to Odesa. The room, where lived Korolev has preserved and port workers are carefully enchase  everything connected with the memory of this extraordinary man.

Kherson yard

Kherson yard is an area in the rear of 25-26 berths. Now here is located the mechanization of the stevedoring company "Novotech terminal". But the most recognizable buildings were and still remain the Interclub for seamen, brick house of the Line Department of Internal Relations at the port of Odesa.

Kherson yard has its name due to nearby Watermelon of Practicheskaya harbor (current 27-28 berths) where small vessels with watermelons called from Kherson city.

Port's club

Port's club is cultural and educational institution of Odesa port. Located on 2 Lanzheronovskaya descent, on the angle of 4 Polish descent.

In 1923 on the place of was created dosshouse was created port’s club named after October Revolution. Under the club was formed a pop group "The gray blouse", which made "live" newspaper.

On the second day of the War in the club was formed the city's first Marine battalion, which included port workers.

"1950-1970s the port’s club became the center of cultural work of the enterprise. On its stage the first steps to a professional activity made satirist M.Zhvanetskiy, impersonators R.Kartsev, V.Ilchenko, a singer V.Obodzinsky, choreographers Marich, etc.

In the early 90's on the part of the club was created the museum of Odesa port named after F.de Wollant. In early 2002 was re-established a library.

Building of the Administration of the port of Odesa

Building of the Administration of the port of Odesa is connected with the history of origin of the first customs office in Odesa on the port’s territory. A modern look received after renovation in 1912 and initially was registered as the main building of the Odesa customs, which gave its name to one of the oldest squares of the city – Customs Square (rus. - Tamozhennaya Square).

At present time here is located the Port Administration and the Odesa Port Department of South Customs (Adress: 1 Tamozhennaya Square, Odesa).

Stable warehouses

Stable warehouses - the territory of the port located in the rear of the berth #5. The site received its name from the stables which were located here. Later these stables have been transformed into indoor warehouses.  The warehouses existed until the late 60's.

In 2001, the site was occupied by a complex for processing of industrial oils of LLC "Prista Oil".

Devolanovskaya Street

Devolanovskaya Street is located in the port of Odesa between the building of Inflot and Red warehouses. The street received its name at the beginning of the last century in honor of the founder of the port, Dutch engineer F.de Wollant. Before the Second World War there were houses along the street. There were the houses for the port workers as well as grain warehouses, which burned during the bombing of the port.

After the war there was fire brigade and warehouses of the Black Sea Shipping Company. According to old-timers of the port in the 1940's here lived Romanian prisoners, which repaired Red warehouses after the War.

T.Ovrutskaya

Church Square

Church Square - the territory of the port between the passenger terminal and refrigerator. The square got its name from the St. Nicholas Church, built in the middle of XIX century. Before the laying of railway tracks all the territory from the church down to the 19th berth was called "the Church square." In 1960s there was outdoor storage №28 for the storage of rubber, raw sugar and other goods.

T.Ovrutskaya

Transport overpass named after N.Pavlyuk

Transport overpass named after N.Pavlyuk (start of construction in 1996, completion in 2009, total length 6.4 km, width – 11.5-14.8 m). In the construction of the main overpass the port of Odesa has invested 109 million dollars.

The main purpose of the overpass is to relieve the streets of heavy trucks, mainly container trucks, improve the ecological situation in Peresyp district and connect container terminal with circular road. In the early 90's there was a pretty mass: the road approaches to the port from the Primorskaya street were blocked with TIR trucks.

In these conditions the administration of the port of Odesa decided to build a traffic intercharge for container trucks.

The project was ambitious and had no analogues in Ukraine: length - 516 m, the height of the pylons - 54 pm The tender for construction of the bridge won the Italian company "Tegola Canadese".

T.Ovrutskaya